Some of you might have seen this yesterday 'cause I goofed and forgot to change the publish settings. My bad. Here they are again, my THURSDAY 13 :)
13 of my favorite movie moments.
The quotes don't really makes sense out of context, so I'll explain a bit. Some of these are irreverent, and I don't mean to offend. But I like irreverent *shrugs* All right, disclaimer out of the way. Ready? Let's go!
1. Road To Perdition-the Sullivan brothers are in a bedroom and the youngest is smiling. The oldest asks him what he's smiling about and the youngest says "'Cause it's all so fuckin' hysterical," sarcastically repeating something an adult said to him earlier. It's much funnier when the kid says it.
2. Inside Man- Denzel and Clive are in the bank, and Denzel is telling Clive about proposing to his girlfriend, but he doesn't have the money for a ring. Clive, who is robbing the bank, says it shouldn't be about the ring if they're in love. And Denzel says (in a way that only he can), "Thank you, bank robber." That cracks me up every time.
3. Snatch- Really there are way too many to post here. Love this movie, it's hilarious. But for now I'll go with the part where Brick Top says "In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary...come again?"
4. In Bruges- this one's sort of a no-brainer. Favorite part is when Colin Farrell indignantly says "It's fuckin' Bruges!" Linked so you can check it out.
5. Rock n Rolla'- When Archie smacks Johnny Quid so hard he spins his head and Johnny calmly says, "That, Roman and Mickey, is the famous Archie slap." I laugh at that every time...then I rewind it.
6. Fifth Element- "Lilu Dallas multi-pass...Muuul-Teeee Pass."
7. Friday- When Smokey's sitting in D-Bo's pigeon coop, cooing like a bird. HAHA!!
8. Gladiator- "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." If that's not the perfect death threat...
9. Malcom X- Denzel before the long line of followers. He doesn't say a word, just holds up his hand, palm out, and then points and walks away and everybody walks behind him. Goosebumps.
10. Ocean's Eleven (and 12 and 13 for that matter... loved this series)- Again, one of those movies with tons to list, but when Basher says "It will be nice to work with proper criminals again." And then when Saul asks "Tess is with Benedict now? She's too tall for him."
11. Love Jones- Nothing, repeat, NOTHING will ever top Larenz Tate's A Blues for Nina. That. Was. HOT. If you have no idea what I'm talking about CLICK. "Is your name yimmy ya?"
Damn, only two spaces left. All right,
12. I Spy- Owen Wilson complaining about his spy gear compared to the great Carlos's. "Size does matter, but in the spy world, it's reversed...I can't help but notice my stuff looks like you got it at Radio Shack in 1972!" (His voice squeaks at the end.)
13. Ronin- Robert Deniro... Okay I'm just gonna post the quote from IMBD so you can get the full effect of this. Or you can click here to watch. FYI for those reading, Robert's character is Sam. Spence is played by Sean Bean. Aaaannnnd ACTION!
There are so many more I could list, so I might do another 13 later. But you tell me, what are some of your favorite movie moments?
Spence: We got shooters here and here. I tell you an old trick.
[rubs the board]
Spence: What's your problem?
Sam: Draw again. Draw it again. You're the ace field man. Draw it again. It's a simple diagram. Just draw it again. Draw what you saw. Draw it again! Draw it again!
Sam: [Spence remains silent. Sam takes the marker and draws on the board] Two shooters. Car comes through here. Shooters across each other. Kill each other dead. Oh my, where'd you learn that?
Spence: In the regiment.
Sam: What regiment was that?
Spence: The 22nd Special Air Service.
Sam: What's the color of the boathouse at Hereford?
Spence: I don't like your attitude!
Sam: What's the color of the boathouse -...
Spence: Fuck off!
Sam: What's - -you got the gun. I'm unarmed. Do something. Go ahead. Do something. DO SOMETHING.
[Spence spills the coffee cup and Sam subdues him]
Sam: Tell me about an ambush. I ambushed you with a cup of coffee!